Wednesday, December 01, 2004

New specs

I guess that I need to get some new glasses as I have been getting heinous headaches from reading both computerized text and hard copies (which I have to do every day). I have had my present ocular aids for about 2.5 years and Girlzoot informed me this evening that I really should be switching out the old specs at least every 18 months...
So beginith my quest for new glasses...and perhaps some contact lenses.
Bear is getting his eyeballs lasered in January but I am still leery of the process. Besides, Bear's eyes are better than mine with only a mild nearsidedness. I am stuck with severe astigmatism and severe nearsidedness. Rx Princess got her eyeballs zapped earlier in the year with much success and loves not having glasses...Bear is going to the same doctor so I know he will be in good hands.
If I lived in the time before lens grinding...I am sure I would be sitting in a cave just tending the fire as that would be the only thing I could probably focus on.

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger girlzoot said...

I'm sure you could've been a sheperdess, as sheep are nearsighted as well.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Joy said...

And big and fluffy white on the green hill...

I'm getting new glasses this month, first glasses in 2 years, but Rx hasn't changed much. Get a script and we can go shopping together :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home